Rohlig Suus Logistics Statement 16 March 2020
In connection to the state of emergency being imposed due to the COVID-19 epidemic, we would like to reassure you that logistics operations are running on schedule.
The temporary closing of the borders in Poland and other countries has no impact on cargo transportation by road, air, rail and sea, which is continuing as usual and without significant interruption. We will keep you posted and recommend an alternative transportation solution if this changes.
As a business, we are complying with the guidance of the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate and the WHO currently in effect. Furthermore, we have also implemented preventive measures to improve safety levels:
- Every employee entering Rohlig Suus Logistics premises must wash their hands well before starting work. Our offices and warehouses have been provided with hand sanitizing liquid dispensers located at entrances to ensure all the people about to enter the facility can use them prior to entry.
- Employees are washing their hands as often as possible, particularly before and after meals, after bathroom use, before touching their faces (generally, we recommend that employees avoid touching their faces, particularly the eyes and mouth). All Rohlig Suus Logistics employees have acquainted themselves with hand washing instructions.
- Respond immediately if you spot initial symptoms of an illness such as fever, cough, breathing difficulties, malaise. Individuals who present any symptoms of being ill must not be allowed to work.
- All employees and individuals on Rohlig Suus Logistics facility premises must maintain a social distance of at least 1.5 m (one and a half meters) from one another.
- No physical contact is allowed on facility premises while the risk of infection is elevated. Specifically, avoid shaking hands when greeting and saying good-bye. In doing so, you are looking out for other people and limiting virus transmission.
- Employees who are not required to be physically present at the workplace have been instructed to work remotely from home. Individuals who work remotely have been granted secure access to the company’s online resources and operating systems.
Furthermore, depending on the local conditions or when risk is deemed to be elevated, the directors of Rohlig Suus Logistics branches have been authorized to implement additional safety measures.
All drivers performing jobs for Rohlig Suus Logistics must strictly follow the current guidance of the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate. What’s more, drivers are under no obligation to adhere to the internal requirements of consignment consigners and receivers, if these requirements are in violation of the current legal regulations.
We would like to stress that the measures being implemented by Rohlig Suus Logistics comply with the guidance of the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate and the WHO currently in effect, which, among others, don’t recommend that healthy individuals wear face masks. In connection with this and in compliance with the recommendations of disease control authorities, we have not made it mandatory for our employees and drivers to wear face masks.
As a logistics operator, it is our duty to ensure the continuity of the supply chain. This is a pledge we are making for all of you and for all our local communities. We are prepared for various scenarios and are making every effort to ensure the continuity of operations while adhering to all safety measures.
Rohlig Suus Logistics